It’s a little hard to believe, but my new book, The Uncommon Commodity: A Common Sense Guide for New Managers, is almost here. I wrote it to help new, first time managers be more successful in making the transition into management and leadership.
All too often, well-meaning executives pick the brightest performer or highest producing worker to be the team lead, yet these people have little if any understanding of what it takes to become a manager. This book will help accelerate the smooth transition.
You can find out more about it here. I’m confident this book will make a huge impact in the lives of those who read it. It will help YOU make a difference!
I’m also confident we can’t launch this book successfully without you. That’s why we are actively recruiting an Uncommon Commodity Launch Team to help us spread the news. If you’d like a chance to join, click here.
There are a number of benefits for joining up. As a launch team member, you’ll receive:
- A complimentary physical review copy via mail (sorry, U.S. residents only).
- Exclusive access to a private Facebook group where we’ll interact, strategize, and share ideas.
- A special thirty-minute group phone session with me prior to the launch of the book.
- And more!
There are a few requirements to help us leverage everyone’s involvement. Team members must:
- Read the book ASAP upon receipt.
- Provide feedback and engage with us via Facebook or email.
- Write a brief book review on Amazon and/or some other retailer site. Pro or con, you decide!
- Help spread the word about the book in any way you can, to your existing platform and beyond.
- Share ideas and brainstorm additional ways we might further expose the message to an even greater audience. All ideas are welcome.
Here’s how the selection process works. First, make sure you’re signed up. You can do that here.
Next, on Wednesday, May 25th, we’ll select 300 applicants. We’ll pull these names randomly from all submissions to be a part of the team. And you won’t have long to wait. We’ll notify members via email by end of day on May 27th.
Thank you so much for your willingness to join in! The Uncommon Commodity is going to help countless people improve their work as a manger. And your participation in our launch efforts can help make it happen.
Question: What difference can you make by joining our launch team? You can leave a comment by clicking here.