As 2009 comes to an end, people in job transition are still facing big challenges. Now is the time to do a year end closeout just like a company or an accountant might do. Here’s how:
- Take out all correspondence journals, logs, email records etc. Review the content and the contacts. See with whom you might try to reconnect. That recruiter you spoke with last February may just now be handling a new order that fits your profile. Revisit those connections.
- Make a good review of the practices you used during the past year. Refuse to continue old habits that did not create results. Make new changes. Map new strategies.
- Identify the things you did that worked well and decide on ways to do more of those.
- Clear the decks and get ready for a solid, fresh start to the new year. Zero out all old logs and lists. Make new entries as you begin new connections and contacts in the new year.
- Get rid of office clutter that can limit your efficiency.
Oh, and last, but by no means least, have a Merry and Blessed Christmas and Happy Holidays.
If you are a job seeker, visit AskJMS.org.