So, you’ve been receiving my blog posts for some time now. Maybe you have heard my story about building a career transition organization back in 2008, when so many people were looking for career change.
While career coaching is just a small part of what I am helping people do now, I still have a passion for sharing what I learned those 7 or 8 years ago. A big part of that story was the development of various tools and materials to help people in their job search. Back then, a big question that kept coming up was about LinkedIn.
People were still looking at if, how, and when to use LinkedIn. I wrote a program to answer the questions. Hundreds of people bought my book, attended a computer workshop, seminar or saw used my material.
Since then, I know a lot more people have joined LinkedIn. They currently boast over 300 million users worldwide.
So I have a couple of questions for you. If you are a user of LinkedIn, are you happy with the results?
- Have you used a sales minded approach to writing your profile?
- Are you underemployed and looking for a change?
- Do you have value to add but don’t know how to share it?
- Are your accomplishments properly noted?
- Have you picked out the best key words to explain who you are?
- Are you stuck with old job titles that keep you from getting better contacts?
- Do you know how to make new contacts?
- Do you know how recruiters use LinkedIn?
- Do you have a business you want to promote?
This list goes on and on.
Based on what I’ve been able to develop, I have all of the answers to so many of these questions. I discovered that despite a whole lot of software change at LinkedIn, my concepts and principles still work.
Here’s the really big question.
[shareable cite=”Doug Thorpe”]Do you think anyone is looking for ideas on ways to have a better outcome using LinkedIn?[/shareable]
I don’t want to waste people’s time putting things out there that have no benefit. However, I really respect what you have to say. So what do you think?
Would some more information about using LinkedIn be a help?
Just scroll down and leave me a comment.