The HeadwayExec Vision
People ask me “What is HeadwayExec about? What are you doing in this blog?” My elevator pitch includes this work-life-faith paradigm:
I am providing personal coaching centered on finding the right balance between work, life, and faith. It is my belief that anyone can function at a higher level if they have found the more perfect balance of these three key elements.
- WORK – After many years on the front line of business and leading a non-profit serving over 3,500 people through career change/job loss, I have a few critical observations about work. Men find their identity in their jobs. Women find security in work. Both views, while very real and sometimes practical, have flaws because work of any kind is not permanent. Attaching too much of one’s sense of worth and purpose to work causes huge disappointments. Work is a means, not an end.
- LIFE – We all have it. If you woke up this morning and took a fresh breath, you are living. The question is, what are you going to do with it? This is where a life coach comes into play. We all have one thing in common. We have been given 86,400 seconds in the day. Each of these seconds is a moment to make a difference. Our big challenge is deciding what we shall do with those today. This area includes our experiences outside of work; loving myself, marriage, family, friends, and community.
- FAITH – I saved this one for last. My hope in talking about faith is to bring people back in touch with this vitally important aspect of who and what they are. I suggest that we all have some element of faith woven into our being. Whether it was instilled in us as children or discovered in adult life, faith plays some part in our journey in this world. Though I myself am a Bible believing Christian, I am not about evangelizing that one belief. Rather I intend to help people reconnect with the faith component of their existence.
The HeadwayExec Approach
- First, my life coaching is to help people with defining these elements in their own terms.
- Then assessing the current state of where the priorities now stand. Is there a balance? Or are any elements out of balance?
- I will help them develop a plan to regain the proper balance between the three.
- Finally, I will offer a periodic assessment to check in on whether the plan is working and to determine if adjustments need to be made.
DISCLAIMER: HeadwayExec, LLC life coaching and business coaching is not a substitute for professional psychological counseling or therapy. Persons with deeper mental health needs should contact a licensed professional in that area.